Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dancing at El Mercado









Dancing at El Mercado 1, 2 and 3

El Mercado or Market Square in San Antonio reflects the city's rich Spanish and Mexican heritage. It is one of my favorite places to visit. It seems like there is a celebration every weekend on the stage at El Mercado. Last summer I took some photos at a great, uniquely San Antonio, dance presentation at the El Mercado Mariachi Stage. I have incorporated some of these photos into my fiber expressions.

The pieces will be showing at the Foto-Fiber-Fabulous exhibit at the Fiber Artspace, San Antonio, Texas.
Opening Reception Thursday, September 3, 2009
Foto-Fiber-Fabulous is a national juried exhibition of fiber art incorporating an obvious use of photography. This show is in honor of Photo Septiembre International Photography Festival, which takes place September 1-30, every year, in San Antonio and the Texas Hill Country.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ms. Wanjiku,

    I was pleased to find your blog tonight as I was talking about you in mine! So I thought I'd let you know that after seeing your quilts in the April issue of Quilting Arts - I made one yesterday.

    http://divaquilts.blogspot.com/2009/08/doll-quilt-swap-take-two.html

    It's a first attempt so I hope I'll only get better with time, but in the meantime, thank you for your inspiration, and I look forward to contining to be inspired!

    ReplyDelete